Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Senior Statesmen

All of the sempi left yesterday and today really early in the morning. I'll definitely miss them. Some of them were great examples to me and they will be great missionaries. Now we wait for the next group of Japanese missionaries that will come in next Wednesday (not tomorrow). So this week we just think about how little we know and how unprepared we are to help the next group of missionaries. It's weird to think that we are the examples now. I feel like am a learning so much so fast. Some of it sticks but some of it just flies right over my head. I wish I knew more; I just need to keep working hard and be patient with myself too. My companionship got shaken up on Sunday. Elder Stephens has been assigned to a sempi that has to stay to have surgery. That leaves me and Elder Hoffman in our own companionship. I loved our "tripanionship" but it is tough trying to juggle three opinions. I tried to always be the peacemaker but I felt like I wasn't providing enough input. I can already see why we are commanded to go two by two instead of three by three. I really want to improve on setting goals, especially goals to learn more Japanese. I feel like I could be learning faster if I set some specific goals and really focus on them. I love getting letters. The surprise ones are always exciting but ones from family and best friends are still the best. I love all of them though. They really buoy me up. I'm sending some pictures next week which is so terribly exciting (ha ha). I've never really been good at taking pictures and recording things in my journal. Last week was kind of bumpy but I know it will make me and my district all the stronger. I'm halfway to Japan but it still seems so far away. It will be here sooner than I think...

Lots of love,
Elder Hogewoning

1 comment:

  1. It is exciting that we'll get pictures next week! I can't even wait!

    ReplyDelete