Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just waiting...

We're waiting for the next group of missionaries going to Japan to come. They'll be here tomorrow. I feel like I'm on a plateau. I need to keep moving forward and have patience with myself. I'm still learning and it is okay if it's a little slower sometimes. Teaching in Japanese last Thursday was a good experience. You realize how much you know and how much you don't. We were able to teach about God and prophets but that was pretty much it. It takes a lot of time to explain concepts when you have such a limited knowledge of the language. This week we'll hopefully get further into Lesson 1. Last week Elder Perry spoke at the Tuesday night devotional. He spoke about companions. He talked about how Alma and Amulek were great companions even though they didn't know each other before hand. That is just like me with my future companions. I won't know them but we can still have a great experience together. Elder Perry had a life long friend in his first companion, Elder Toleman. I hope that I can have great relationships with all of my companions. Sometimes I lose sight of Japan. It is so easy to get caught up with the daily schedule and learning Japanese. It is all for that single purpose of inviting Japanese to come unto Christ. I got to attend the Draper Temple dedication on Sunday. President Monson mentioned the missionaries in the dedicatory prayer. It made me feel amazing. Whenever someone prays for the missionaries it means so much more since I am a missionary now. I completely lost my train of thought... Anyway I think about all of you a lot. Help the missionaries out with referrals. They need the help.
Lots of love,
Elder Hogewoning

No comments:

Post a Comment