Tuesday, March 10, 2009
It's all a blur
So I don't really feel like writing right now but that is what diligence is: doing what you're supposed to even when you don't feel like it. I got 5 letters last Friday and a package which was pretty exciting. The letters were from Christina, Dad, Marty/Kelsey, some people from the Grossmont institute, and the La Mesa 1st ward teachers quorum. The package was from my first cousin once removed, Leah. She is my great-aunt Dorthy's daughter. I got lots of food. Between my companions and I, we have quite a stash. I think we're set on junk food for the rest of our MTC stay. I love my district and my teachers, especially Brother Tsuchiya. He is really diligent in all aspects of his life, yet he still feels like he should be doing more. I can kind of relate to how he feels. The elders that came in 6 weeks before us (seniors or sempi in Japanese) are leaving this Monday and Tuesday. I can't believe we are already going to become sempi and have to set the example for the kohai (juniors) that come in a week after the sempi leave. I will definitely miss them. We are going to be doing all day Eigo Danjikis (English Fasts) on Wednesday and then every day starting on Friday (except for Sundays and Tuesdays). From 7:00AM to 9:30PM we'll be speaking Japanese. It's pretty intimidating, but if we have faith and try our best our ability to speak will grow rapidly. I'm blanking on what else to write about. I need questions or prompts or something. Lots of love, Elder Hogewoning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment