This Wed. Tanaka Mitoko shimai set a date for baptism. She wanted to get baptized on March 8 but when we talked about it again on Saturday she asked when I was going home and then decided to move her date so that I could be there. She is so kind. She understands the true meaning of the gospel and repentance than most people. I feel privileged to be a small part of her conversion and baptism. We are shooting for Feb 19 (Sat night) with the confirmation at church on the 20th. Tanaka Shoji kyodai (Brother Tanaka) isn't at all opposed to her getting baptized but he still doesn't understand anything and isn't at the same commitment level as her.
We had 3 investigators at church this week including a nice man that we met on Saturday afternoon who agreed to come the next day. We are finding and teaching. It is great. If you add up all of our lessons (lesons to investigators, members, and less-active members) we had 19 lessons this last week. I'm trying to finish at a sprint and Elder Kendrick is right beside me all the way. He is such a solid elder and we laugh and have so much fun together. We are loving everyday and fighting back being way exhausted during planning at night. :)
The weather seems a little warmer the last couple of days. There hasn't been more than a light sprinkle here and there as far a precipitation. I guess there were some flurries a couple of times. I said "It's snowing." Elder Kendrick is from Toronto so he said that it isn't snow. I know that but I just like joking around and being the typical San Diegan. The wind is probably the coldest thing around here. Sometimes it really kicks up and chills you to the bone but I have plenty of warm clothes and since it is dry I where my overcoat a lot. Last year in Yonago it was cold and really wet so I couldn't use it or it would have got ruined.
By the way we have a 3 hour mission conference on Sat morning with Elder Quinten L. Cook, which we are looking forward to.
Keep up the great work and thank you for all of your help keeping me focused on the work until the very end!
Lots of love,
Corey
No comments:
Post a Comment