Monday, February 14, 2011

Everything is going fine and dandy

Well I'm pretty tired but that is just how it is.  I'm not counting days.  I don't really want to count anything but it is hard when Sundays and preparation days are both down to 2.  I am still not anywhere near where I need to be as far as organizing stuff for going home but hopefully I can make a dent in it today.
 
The conference with Elder Cook was really great.  He is such a bright, loving man.  He talked about how to be a great missionary: first love the people, next love your companion, third your mission president, fourth the Lord.  It is an order that I wouldn't have thought but I guess it is important to just love everyone.  I felt like I have gotten a lot better at loving and allowing myself to be loved on the mission.  Hopefully there will be a difference but I guess you will all have to be the judge of that.  He also talked about how we are all doing the right thing at the right time by being missionaries.  He said no matter the difficulties that might be back home, not only us, but everyone we love or ever will love will be blessed by our missionary service.  President Isa promised me a similar thing in my first interview with him and it is nice to reflect on how true it is.  I feel like all of you have grown leaps and bounds while I have been gone.  You are all closer to the Lord and one another.  I feel truly blessed here as a missionary and I hope all of you have noticed the same blessings in your lives.
 
The other piece of exciting news is that Sister Tanaka was gracious enough to move up her baptismal date so I could be here for it. She will be getting baptized on Sat 2/19 at 6:00 and confirmed the following morning in Sacrament meeting.  She asked me to baptize her and I am so grateful for such a wonderful opportunity at the end of this wonderful mission that I am on.
 
I can't remember if I ever wrote about Brother Hirayama.  He was an investigator in Kobe who was supposed to be baptized the Saturday after I transferred back to Marugame.  He didn't show up to his baptism and no one has been able to get a hold of him since then.  That is until yesterday.  The office elders called him, he actually picked up, and then agreed to come to church where they talked about what happened.  I guess he came to the church on the morning of his baptism to ask for some more time but no one was at the church.  Well all in all he is scheduled to be baptized on the 27th of February.
 
God is truly a God of miracles.  Whether they be little ones or big ones they are always there.  The more I think about all of these blessings the more that all of them just seem like big ones.  I'm so priviledged to be here this "extra" transfer. I know that He will be right there with me not only now but forever.  I hope you feel Him daily as much as I do.  Thank you for all of your prayers, love, and support.  They are what got me here, kept me here, and will carry me home.

Lots of love,
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment