Saturday, October 23, 2010

This transfer is winding down to an end

I can't believe I have been in the mission office for a whole transfer now. It is crazy how time flies. I have a lot of things down but my to do list is still fairly long. With transfers coming up this week it is sure to be a busy one.
I have been so blessed to have my companion Elder Maeda. He is such a sweethart. I know that probably sounds kind of strange but he really has a huge heart and is as genuine as can be. He is so much fun to be around. He always tries his best and constantly wants to do better. He reminds me a lot of myself in the fact that he is really hard on himself when he messes up but that is a trait we are both trying to work on together. He was born in Japan. His dad is Japanese and his mom is third-generation Japanese American from Hawaii. They moved to Utah when he was 12 and his family still lives there. He went to the U and wants to be a doctor. He is fluent in both English and Japanese and sometimes I teach him a few Spanish words I can remember. We are helping each other grow a lot. His brother just left on a mission to Canada. I can't remember which mission, but it isn't the same one Sister Riley is in though.
It excites me to here everyone doing so well. I'm doing great too.
I can't thinks of much too write. I feel like I have gotten so used to everything that nothing seems too extraordinary anymore. For instance, I eat sushi about once a week or once every two weeks, but that has just become so normal. I feel badly I didn't write more about all of the new, exciting things when I got here. If you want to know about anything great or small let me know. I would be more than happy to write about it all. By the way, don't worry about asking the same question more than once because sometimes I forget.
You are all the best and I just want you to know how grateful I am to all of you. You are all pushing and cheering me on for which I am enternally grateful. Let's all keep it up. I love you so much. The gospel is true. It fixes lives and heals hearts. It is the only true and lasting joy in this earth. Christ is my Savior and has picked me up so many times when I have fallen down. This gospel was restored through Joseph Smith and it is all we need to feel lasting peace and happiness not only forever but in the here and now. You are all the greatest and just keep on keeping on


Lots of love,
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment