Things are still going great. I'm learning so much Japanese grammar and vocabulary every day. Last Tuesday was great. The elders in my district all went to the temple together. It was a really cool experience. You are all learning the gospel and Japanese together every day, but there is just something special about going to the temple together. When we got back we ate dinner and headed to the Tuesday night devotional. The speaker was.....(wait for it)...... Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. What an amazing experience. He told us to always be positive. He also told us that all of us can have success in baptizing no matter where we are going or what any one back home might have told us. My companions and I were able to teach the first lesson in our teaching appointment at the Teaching Resource Center (TRC). Every week we teach a lesson. Starting week five we teach in Japanese. I know if I keep working diligently, I'll be ready. Our district has done a few Eigo Danjikis (English fasts) during some of our class time and a few meals. It is so frusterating not being able to say what you want to say but it is definitely great motivation to learn faster. I been working on having more meaningful prayers this week. It is kind of hard to do because I am praying in Japanese and I still don't know a lot of words or grammar. My favorite thing to do during our 5 50 min gym periods is to play 4 square. I gets pretty intense. When people get too intense or upset I usually try to leave. No need to get upset over a little game. Anyway thanks for all of your love and support. It keeps me going when I get down on myself, but I going to stay positive like Elder Ballard suggests.
Lots of love,
Elder Hogewoning
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment